The EFTA Secretariat and FMO (except TRD and ESO)
Traineeships are offered at the EFTA Secretariat for 10 months and the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) for 12 months, starting on 1 September till 30 June and 1 September till 31 August respectively.
We are looking for engaged young professionals or recent graduates from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland (EFTA Member States nationals) for 10 months traineeships at the EFTA Secretariat.
The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO - EEA Grants / Norway Grants) offer 12 months traineeships for graduates wanting to learn more about grants management. With approximately 18 European nationalities represented in the FMO, the selected trainees take part in an international working environment. Traineeships at the FMO are open to nationals of the EEA EFTA Member States as well as to nationals of the EU Member States.
Traineeships are advertised under Current Vacancies in February. Deadline for applications is in March.
Applications have to be submitted via the EFTA online recruitment tool when the vacancies are published. Only applications submitted via our web tool will be considered.
Applicants are required to specify their preferred division, field of work and duty station when applying.
The selected trainees may be assigned to duties and functions other than those initially requested.
Field of work
- Secretary General’s Office – communication (Brussels) and general (Geneva)
- EEA Coordination Division – general and legal (Brussels)
- Goods Division – general (Brussels)
- Services, Capital, Persons and Programmes Division – general (Brussels)
- Legal Affairs
- Finance and Control
- Priority Sectors
- Funds and Horizontal Concerns
- Results and Evaluation
- Country and Bilateral Cooperation
- University degree within law, economics, political science, international relations or other relevant and equivalent experience. Knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office).
- Current occupation, experience and career objectives.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; a good working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- An analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English. A flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.
- Geographical distribution and gender balance.